The chipKIT™ Max32™ combines compatibility with the popular Arduino™ open source hardware prototyping platform with the performance of the Microchip PIC32 microcontroller. The Max32 is the same form factor as the Arduino Mega board and is compatible with standard Arduino™ shields as well as larger shields for use with the Mega boards. It features a USB serial port interface for connection to the IDE and can be powered via USB or an external power supply.
The Max32 board takes advantage of the powerful PIC32MX795F512 microcontroller. This microcontroller features a 32-bit MIPS processor core running at 80Mhz, 512K of flash program memory and 128K of SRAM data memory. In addition, the processor provides a USB 2 OTG controller, 10/100 Ethernet MAC and dual CAN controllers that can be accessed via add-on I/O shields.
The Max32 can be programmed using an environment based on the original Arduino™ IDE modified to support PIC32. In addition, the Max32 is fully compatible with the advanced Microchip MPLAB development environment and the PICKit3 in-system programmer/debugger.
For additional platform-specific support for your chipKIT, please visit: http://www.chipkit.org/forum/.
- Microchip® PIC32MX795F512 processor
- 80 Mhz 32-bit MIPS
- 512K Flash, 128K RAM
- USB 2.0 OTG controller
- 10/100 Ethernet MAC
- Dual CAN controllers
- Provides additional memory and advanced communications peripherals
- Compatible with existing Arduino code examples, reference materials and other resources
- Can also be programmed using Microchip's MPLAB (along with a PICkit 3 and our PICkit3 Programming Cable Kit, seen below)
- Arduino™ "Mega" form factor
- Compatible with Arduino™ shields
- 83 available I/O
- User LED
- Connects to a PC using a USB A -> mini B cable (not included)
Application development using an environment based on the original Arduino™ IDE modified to support PIC32 that also still supports the original Arduino™ line.